Hooda gives Rs 50 lakh to Bar Council
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Appreciating the fraternity of advocates for their contribution to society, Chaudhary Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Chief Minister, Haryana, announced a grant of Rs 50 lakh to the High Court Bar Association for Financial Assistance, Housing scheme, Chambers and lawyers Club.
Kulbir Singh Dhaliwal, President, Punjab and Haryana High Court Bar Association presented a memorandum on behalf of the High Court Bar Association in response to which the grant was announced. The CM also promised to extend every possible assistance for other projects which are to be initiated for the betterment of lawyers.
In the memorandum it is mentioned that because all the advocates of the city have scattered in areas even beyond the tri-city boundary, it is sometimes difficult to reach the HC complex on time. Hence, it asked for an adequate number of chambers near the High Court.
The bar council have also requested to allow a reservation in the housing schemes of HUDA.