Hooda visits Mansa Devi on Day 1 of Navratras
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
The Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday paid obeisance at the holy shrine of Shri Mata Mansa Devi on the first day of chaitra Navratra. The Chief Minister was accompanied by his wife Asha Hooda.
Hooda participated in the Ghat Sthapna and along with his wife, also performed a Yajna, amidst chanting of vedic mantras. Chief parliamentary secretary, Anita Yadav and MLA D K Bansal also made offerings in the Yajna.
Later, in his interaction with the media, Hooda said that during the tenure of the present state government, a number of development works have been undertaken at the Shree Mata Mansa Devi complex and adequate facilities were being provided to the pilgrims.
Hooda said that due to this, there has been a considerable increase in the number of devotees visiting the temple every year.
On being asked about the elections of Municipal Corporations in the sate, Hooda said that the elections would be held as per the schedule to be issued by the state election commission.
Earlier, Hooda inaugurated a blood donation camp organized by the Indian Council of Social Welfare and Lions Club Panchkula city, Haryana chapter, at the premises of the complex. Hooda also presented badges to the blood donors and honoured the members of Lions Club for their significant contribution, by presenting them mementos.
The CM also inaugurated the office of Haryana Gau Sewa Ayog at the Shree Mata Mansa Devi shrine and also inaugurated the Gymkhana Club in Sector 1, Mansa Devi complex, Panchkula constructed by the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express