Hope 11 nominations prove lucky for 'Life of Pi': Irrfan
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Actor Irrfan Khan, who played the role of grown-up Pi in the Ang Lee-directed Hollywood film 'Life of Pi', is happy that the film has got eleven Oscar nominations and hopes the number proves lucky.
"It is good that we got so many nominations, we are happy. I think 11 is a good and lucky number. Let's hope for the best," Irrfan told reporters here last night.
The Academy awards ceremony will take place in Los Angeles on February 24.
Irrfan played the role of the adult Piscine Molitor Patel, known as Pi, in the movie. Oscar-winning director Lee shot the 3D film in places like Munnar and Pondicherry in south India for his adventure-drama.
Lee chose Delhi student Suraj Sharma to play the role of young Pi in the film, which is later on essayed by Irrfan. Noted Indian actors Tabu and Adil Hussain also have key roles in the movie.