Hope 11 nominations prove lucky for 'Life of Pi': Irrfan
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Actor Irrfan Khan, who played the role of grown-up Pi in the Ang Lee-directed Hollywood film 'Life of Pi', is happy that the film has got eleven Oscar nominations and hopes the number proves lucky.
"It is good that we got so many nominations, we are happy. I think 11 is a good and lucky number. Let's hope for the best," Irrfan told reporters here last night.
The Academy awards ceremony will take place in Los Angeles on February 24.
Irrfan played the role of the adult Piscine Molitor Patel, known as Pi, in the movie. Oscar-winning director Lee shot the 3D film in places like Munnar and Pondicherry in south India for his adventure-drama.
Lee chose Delhi student Suraj Sharma to play the role of young Pi in the film, which is later on essayed by Irrfan. Noted Indian actors Tabu and Adil Hussain also have key roles in the movie.