Hoping for the best
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Award winning film-maker Jahnu Barua is back with Baandhon, an Assamese film, though the industry is on a slump
Your film Baandhon (Waves of Silence) has been chosen as the opening film of the Indian Panorama Section of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2012 to be held in Goa from November 20.
I am glad that the film has been selected for the festival. I am assuming that the film is good for it to be chosen as the opening film. It is an honour. Baandhon talks about a current issue and makes a very strong human statement. It talks against terrorism, and yet is a very simple film. The message is that it is always the common man all over the world who, though innocent, becomes victim of circumstances. If we analyse, it is the leaders who run the world that are to be blamed as they are responsible for the happenings all over.
Will you be attending the festival?
Yes, it is a very prestigious moment for me. I shall also be addressing the media about the film.
What about the cast and credits of the film?
The film stars Bishnu Kharghoria, Jatin Bora, Bina Patangia, Zerifa Wahid, Abastosh Bhuyan, Anshuman Bhuyan. I have directed the film, besides writing the story and screenplay. Cinematography by Sumon Dowerah, editing by Cheragh Todiwala and music by Dhrubajyoti Phukan are the major credits.
How is the film faring at the box-office?
Baandhon was made within ` 50 lakhs, but though it was released on October 26 and is doing very well at the box-office, it has not recovered its entire cost yet. Sadly, it takes at least 10 to 15 weeks after the release for an Assamese film to get its money back. Had the film been made in either Bangla or Marathi, it would have covered its cost by now.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express