Horror comedy film being made on 'Bigg Boss'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Popular reality show Bigg Boss is all set to get a big screen treatment as a horror comedy film based on the TV programme is in the making.
Endemol India, in association with Select Media Holdings Pvt Ltd's film production wing, Moving Pictures, is all set to jointly produce the film which will be based on the experiences of the people in the Bigg Boss house.
Slated to go on floors in early 2013, the film is currently in the writing stage. With the cast being finalised, audiences will get to see an ensemble of stars from the small screen as well as Bollywood.
A few housemates from the previous seasons of Bigg Boss are also being approached to be part of the film which will have state-of-the-art visual effects.
"The success of Bigg Boss has achieved epic proportions, where we have seen that it has become a part of people's daily lives. One of the biggest advantages is its ability to cut across people of all age groups," said Deepak Dhar, CEO, Endemol India.
"We are certain that we will be able to replicate the success and recreate the unpredictability of this format on the silver screen as well," he added.
Apart from the mainstream Bollywood enthusiasts, the producers also plan to engage the regional audiences down South with this horror comedy.
"As a concept and a format, Big Boss inherently has a fabulous cinematic potential and we are looking forward to working with Endemol India in bringing this very exciting property to the big screen," said Nitin Tej Ahuja, Director, Select Media Holdings Pvt Ltd.
The celebrity reality show is currently in its sixth season and is being hosted by Bollywood star Salman Khan.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun