Hosni Mubarak's sons to remain in prison
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
The son's of jailed former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak-- Alaa and Gamal Mubarak-- will remain in provisional detention over illicit gain charges, Assistant Prosecutor General Counselor Adel el-Saeed said today.
The sons along with seven other persons will remain in provisional detention pending their trial for illegally obtaining around 2.51 billion Egyptian pounds from the sale of the National Bank of Egypt (NBE), a statement by Saeed said.
The two brothers and other seven persons were referred by the prosecution to the Criminal Court, he added.
Earlier in the day, Prosecutor General Abdel-Meguid Mahmoud decided to extend the provisional detention of Alaa and Gamal over charges of manipulating the NBE and the stock market.
Alaa and Gamal Mubarak returned to Tora prison on board a plane that carried them with former interior minister Habib el-Adli and six of his aides from the Police Academy after a ruling today that sentenced Adli and their father to life in prison.