Hosni Mubarak's sons to remain in prison
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
The son's of jailed former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak-- Alaa and Gamal Mubarak-- will remain in provisional detention over illicit gain charges, Assistant Prosecutor General Counselor Adel el-Saeed said today.
The sons along with seven other persons will remain in provisional detention pending their trial for illegally obtaining around 2.51 billion Egyptian pounds from the sale of the National Bank of Egypt (NBE), a statement by Saeed said.
The two brothers and other seven persons were referred by the prosecution to the Criminal Court, he added.
Earlier in the day, Prosecutor General Abdel-Meguid Mahmoud decided to extend the provisional detention of Alaa and Gamal over charges of manipulating the NBE and the stock market.
Alaa and Gamal Mubarak returned to Tora prison on board a plane that carried them with former interior minister Habib el-Adli and six of his aides from the Police Academy after a ruling today that sentenced Adli and their father to life in prison.