Hosni Mubarak's sons to remain in prison
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kiran bedi supports Narendra Modi's PM candidature
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
The son's of jailed former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak-- Alaa and Gamal Mubarak-- will remain in provisional detention over illicit gain charges, Assistant Prosecutor General Counselor Adel el-Saeed said today.
The sons along with seven other persons will remain in provisional detention pending their trial for illegally obtaining around 2.51 billion Egyptian pounds from the sale of the National Bank of Egypt (NBE), a statement by Saeed said.
The two brothers and other seven persons were referred by the prosecution to the Criminal Court, he added.
Earlier in the day, Prosecutor General Abdel-Meguid Mahmoud decided to extend the provisional detention of Alaa and Gamal over charges of manipulating the NBE and the stock market.
Alaa and Gamal Mubarak returned to Tora prison on board a plane that carried them with former interior minister Habib el-Adli and six of his aides from the Police Academy after a ruling today that sentenced Adli and their father to life in prison.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready