Hospital appeals for donations to treat infant
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Hospital authorities of CMC hospital in Ludhiana have appealed "to all the generous and kind-hearted people of Ludhiana to contributing donations for the treatment of a 26-day-old infant, who was admitted to the hospital on September 12.
The infant was admitted to the Paediatric ICU and diagnosed with severe Septicemia (bacteria in blood), Thrombocytopenia (decrease in blood platelets), Bronchopneumonia (lung infecetion) and Fungal Sepsis .
"His treatment has so far cost the family Rs 80,000. The infant's father, Balram Kumar, is a migrant labourer from Bihar who earns Rs 4,000 a month. He is the sole bread winner of the family which includes his wife and three children," said the hospital authorities.
Any donations to help the infant can send cheques in the name of "Christian Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana" and can be deposited in the office of the medical superintendent with the name:
Help for Baby of Chandni, Hospital Unit No: C- 7401156 — written at the back of the cheque," said a press release issued by CMCH.