Hospital hooliganism: TMC leader surrenders
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A day after he brandished a revolver threatening the owner of a nursing home at Surti, Trinamool leader from Birbhum Asish Dey surrendered before the police on Monday. He will be in police custody for five days.
On Saturday, Dey, party's former district secretary, and his supporters allegedly threatened Jaiprakash Khaitan, the owner of Swastik nursing home, and asked him not to hire Dr Debasish Debangshi, the secretary of TMC-backed district doctors' association.