Hospital hooliganism: TMC leader surrenders
- Rafale fighter jet deal: What does it mean for India?
- Murder convict, posing as visitor, escapes from Bangalore central prison
- Twice he promised, twice Haryana CM ML Khattar stood up Navy officer kin
- Express Impact: From today, stop construction that’s polluting air, says NGT
- Voting begins for Maharashtra Assembly byelections
A day after he brandished a revolver threatening the owner of a nursing home at Surti, Trinamool leader from Birbhum Asish Dey surrendered before the police on Monday. He will be in police custody for five days.
On Saturday, Dey, party's former district secretary, and his supporters allegedly threatened Jaiprakash Khaitan, the owner of Swastik nursing home, and asked him not to hire Dr Debasish Debangshi, the secretary of TMC-backed district doctors' association.