Hospital hooliganism: TMC leader surrenders
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
A day after he brandished a revolver threatening the owner of a nursing home at Surti, Trinamool leader from Birbhum Asish Dey surrendered before the police on Monday. He will be in police custody for five days.
On Saturday, Dey, party's former district secretary, and his supporters allegedly threatened Jaiprakash Khaitan, the owner of Swastik nursing home, and asked him not to hire Dr Debasish Debangshi, the secretary of TMC-backed district doctors' association.