Hospital hooliganism: TMC leader surrenders
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
A day after he brandished a revolver threatening the owner of a nursing home at Surti, Trinamool leader from Birbhum Asish Dey surrendered before the police on Monday. He will be in police custody for five days.
On Saturday, Dey, party's former district secretary, and his supporters allegedly threatened Jaiprakash Khaitan, the owner of Swastik nursing home, and asked him not to hire Dr Debasish Debangshi, the secretary of TMC-backed district doctors' association.