Hospital owner threatened by gun-wielding Mamata Banerjee's TMC leader
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
The factional feud in the Trinamool Congress's Birbhum unit spilled onto the corridors of a hospital on Saturday night with the party's former district secretary Asish Dey and his supporters allegedly threatening the owner of a private nursing home at Suri with a revolver and asking him not to hire Dr Debasish Debangshi, the secretary of TMC-backed district doctors' association.
Jaiprakash Khaitan, the owner of the nursing home, said that Dey had threatened several people earlier, and after Debangshi was selected for the post of secretary of the TMC-backed association, the rivalry between the duo escalated.
A complaint was lodged with the police on Sunday afternoon. SP (Birbhum) Murlidhar said the police were investigating the matter.
Dey was elected as district secretary of the TMC in 2008. Months later, the party dismissed him from the post following reports of his alleged hooliganism. Despite repeated attempts, Dey could not be contacted.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed