Hospital shocker: Doctors bargain over cash as woman lies cut up on operating table
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
A 30-year-old woman died of alleged medical negligence while undergoing treatment at a private hospital here, where doctors bargained for cash as the helpless patient gradually died, police said today.
According to a complaint filed with MIG police station here by the deceased\'s father Om Prakash Biyani, his daughter Archana, suffered from uterine fibroid, police said.
He alleged that when the doctors started performing surgery on her abdomen, they came to know that the woman had a big size fibroid and told her family members that Rs six lakhs would be required for the procedure.
The woman\'s father further alleged that since the family was unable to pay the required fees immediately, the doctors shifted her to a ward without removing the fibroid, following which she succumbed at the hospital late last night.
Later, the angry family members also staged a protest on the hospital campus and demanded action against the negligent doctors.
A team of doctors at MY Hospital was conducting postmortem to ascertain the cause of death of the woman, Superintendent of Police (East) O P Tripathi said.
Appropriate action, if required, would be taken in the case based on the postmortem report, he added.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy