Hotel denying me room on Azamís order: Jaya Prada
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says Shastri was the best Congressman; Varun praises Rahul
- DGCA calls SpiceJet Re 1 ticket offer malpractice, asks to stop it immediately
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile; tsunami alert issued
Rampur MP Jaya Prada has accused urban development minister Azam Khan of pressurising a hotel to deny her accommodation during her visits to the constituency.
The expelled Samajwadi party MP said she had a suite permanently booked in her name at Modi Hotel in Rampur for the past nine years and that the hotel even avoided booking the suite in her absence.
"It is very sad for me. For the past nine years, as MP of Rampur, I had been staying at Modi Hotel. It was a second home for me. For the past four months, the hotel has expressed its inability to provide accommodation to me under pressure from Azam Khan," Jaya Prada told The Indian Express.
Jaya Prada said she now stays the nights at Moradabad and comes to Rampur in the morning.
She also has an office in Rampur. "But the office is not safe for night stay. Lots of people keep coming there," the MP said.
Jaya Prada claimed Azam was insecure and had inferiority complex. "I am not a minister, he is in power. Still, he is doing such lowly things. Even the district administration delays my request to allot government inspection bungalows if I want to make a short stay. If Azam is in Rampur, they never allot it to me. They relented when I asked them today to give me in writing about non-availability of room."
Modi Hotel denied Jaya's claims. "We are overbooked due to marriages and thus expressed our inability. Azamji has no role in it," Subhash Singh, manager, Modi Hotel said.
Subhash, however, refused to answer why Jaya Prada was denied a room for the first time in nine years. "Presently, we are short of rooms," he said.
Rampur DM N K S Chauhan denied any deliberate delay in allotment of an inspection bungalow to Jaya Prada. "Most of the time, the inspection bungalows are booked. She used to stay in Modi Hotel but we have mostly provided her inspection bungalows," Chauhan said.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies