Hours after release, book on Harmandar Sahib banned
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Hours after "A Spiritual Journey of Harmandar Sahib: The Golden Temple", a book in English, was jointly released by Akal Takht chief Giani Gurbachan Singh, SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar and Darbar Sahib head priest Giani Mal Singh, it was banned till necessary changes were made in it.
The book, written by Sikh scholar and SGPC Secretary Roop Singh, was released around 12 noon. Hours later, a a press release by SGPC stated the book has been stopped from release for the time being in the wake of some "shortcomings".
Makkar claimed there was a "dire need" to incorporate more information about Sikh history in the book.
"It was also necessary to translate the book in Punjabi and only after making the necessary changes that the book will be made available to the readers," he added.
"What I have learnt is that the book has been prohibited from release because it contained some historical reference in brief and there is a demand that the reference should be a detailed one. I will add the detailed reference and the book will be also translated in Punjabi," Roop Singh said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express