House adjourned till Dec 9
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The Assembly was adjourned till December 9 after offering condolences to former minister and Samajwadi Party (SP) MLA Rajaram Pandey Thursday.
Pandey, the SP MLA from Vishwanathganj in Pratapgarh, had passed away November 1.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Hukum Singh, Congress Legislature Party leader Pradeep Mathur and Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) leader Dalbeer Singh offered condolences on the demise of Pandey who was a three-term MLA in 1996, 2002 and 2012.
He had served as minister under five CMs — Kalyan Singh, Ramprakash Gupta, Rajnath Singh, Mulayam Singh and Akhilesh Yadav.
The Assembly will assemble December 10 when Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will table the supplementary budget.
Earlier, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey held an all-party meeting soliciting support for smooth functioning of the House.
The Business Advisory Meeting was also held in the morning during which changes in the business of the House were done. The House sitting on Friday was cancelled on the request of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) members on grounds as they would be busy in functions marking the death anniversary of Dr Ambedkar.
The House will now have only two business days on December 9 and 10.
During the house, SP MLAs Azimul Haque from Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar against whom a case has been lodged following the murder of a Hindu Yuva Vahini leader at Ambedkarnagar was also present.
Another SP MLA Ravidas Mehrotra facing arrest warrant from court also attended the House.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today