House adjourned till Dec 9
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: RCB strong in chase against KKR
The Assembly was adjourned till December 9 after offering condolences to former minister and Samajwadi Party (SP) MLA Rajaram Pandey Thursday.
Pandey, the SP MLA from Vishwanathganj in Pratapgarh, had passed away November 1.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Hukum Singh, Congress Legislature Party leader Pradeep Mathur and Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) leader Dalbeer Singh offered condolences on the demise of Pandey who was a three-term MLA in 1996, 2002 and 2012.
He had served as minister under five CMs — Kalyan Singh, Ramprakash Gupta, Rajnath Singh, Mulayam Singh and Akhilesh Yadav.
The Assembly will assemble December 10 when Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will table the supplementary budget.
Earlier, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey held an all-party meeting soliciting support for smooth functioning of the House.
The Business Advisory Meeting was also held in the morning during which changes in the business of the House were done. The House sitting on Friday was cancelled on the request of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) members on grounds as they would be busy in functions marking the death anniversary of Dr Ambedkar.
The House will now have only two business days on December 9 and 10.
During the house, SP MLAs Azimul Haque from Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar against whom a case has been lodged following the murder of a Hindu Yuva Vahini leader at Ambedkarnagar was also present.
Another SP MLA Ravidas Mehrotra facing arrest warrant from court also attended the House.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling