House, vehicles set on fire
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
According to police some people burnt the house at Khadak Mangolia opposite Sector 1 in the city and later also set fire to the motorcycle and a four-wheeler.
The house was of one Pappu, a resident of Uttar Pradesh (UP), police said, adding that the motorcycle and the four-wheeler that were parked at a distance from the house were of one Madan who also hails from the UP.
Both of them have been living in the area for some time and police is investigating personal enmity as one of the causes of the fire.
Police said that noone was injured in the incident and Pappu was not living in the house. The incident happened at around 12.30 am on Tuesday, officials said, adding that the fire was doused by the local residents after it came to their notice.
Local resident, Suman Sood, said that people raised an alarm about the fire late in the night. "We initially thought that the vehicles parked outside my house had been burnt. Later it came to our knowledge that the fire incident was at some other place," she said. Sood said that she called the police control room (PCR) and informed the police about the incident.
Police said that the investigations in the case have been started. Local residents said that the motorcycle and four-wheeler that were set on fire were parked at a distance from the house of Pappu in another lane.
"We are investigating the case but as of now it has come to our notice that it has been the handiwork of some miscreants and we are also probing the angle of personal enmity for the cause of accident," said a police official.
He added that the police have started the hunt in the area but noone has been arrested as of now.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students