Housewife kills self in Charkop
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A 32-year-old housewife hanged herself at her Charkop residence on Sunday. Police said Asmita Shinde was married to a doctor and may have taken the extreme step due to depression. According to police, the couple, married 12 years ago, did not have the approval of either of their parents.
Cops said the incident occurred around 4 pm when the couple's daughter had gone to a relative's place. The Shindes were entertaining neighbours at their house when Asmita walked away, went to her bedroom and locked the door. When she did not return, Ambar went to check on her. When there was no response to his knocks, he informed the local police. "No suicide note was found. Her husband said that she often felt lonely. That perhaps led to her taking the drastic step," an officer said.
Fire at Cumballa Hill building, 10 rescued
TEN persons were rescued from a grade-I fire at a residential building in Cumballa Hill on Sunday. At 9.05 am, there was a short-circuit in electrical board of Atmash building, opposite the Cumballa Hill Hospital. No injuries were reported. "We mainly rescued people from the first floor. Four fire engines and two tankers were dispatched to the spot and we managed to bring the situation under control in 10-15 minutes," a fire birgade officer said.
29 illegal immigrants arrested in Kandivali