Housewife turns into landscape expert, takes part in flower show
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Sunita Singal was just an ordinary housewife who had great interest in floral arrangements, landscaping the lawn of her house and even her husband's office. However, she never knew that this hobby could give her confidence to start her business and act as an expert in landscaping others' lawns and green areas in offices.
On Thursday, Sunita took part in the flower show organised by PAU, by putting up her stall displaying the seasonal flowers and the fancy garden planters which could add beauty to the greenery.
Singal is the wife of Deepak Singal, who runs the construction firm called Deepak builders. "I was doing gardening as a hobby in my home and even in my husband's office, but had no idea that it can take the form of a full-fledged business. Actually, a number of people were seeking advice from me as how to maintain their lawn, do landscaping. And gradually I realised the potential in me," she said.
She provides services in landscaping, ornamental plants and garden planters. "On the first day of the flower show, I am loaded with orders from more than 50 persons," she said.
Singal has started her company called Floral Paradise. She has grown flowers in egg shells, coconut shells and coke bottles. "Nothing goes waste; we can make use of the waste products in making our lawn more beautiful," she said. The flower show will conclude tomorrow.