Housing society residents file complaint against management, probe ordered
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Even as several group-housing societies in the city's southern sectors are engaged in legal wrangling with the management, another case of alleged harassment to residents has come to the fore. An inquiry has been initiated against the management of the Private Teachers' House Building Society, Sector 49-C after members filed a complaint with Registrar (Cooperative Societies). Secretary (Engineering) Sanjay Kumar is conducting the inquiry.
The members alleged that there was no transparency or accountability in the management of the society. "Substandard material was used for construction of flats. The management initially hired a contractor, who was given the task of constructing 81 flats for around Rs 6.60 crore. The contractor completed 90 per cent of the work and was paid about Rs. 5.92 crore. The remaining work would have been completed in Rs 67 lakh had the management allowed the same contractor to stay. However, the management chose to hire another contractor, whom they claimed to have paid Rs 3.84 crore," stated the complaint.
Secretary of the society's management, D R Rana, said: "Members have sent representations to the Joint Registrar, Cooperative Societies. We have moved an appeal against the members' move in the court of the Adviser to the UT Administrator."
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?