How Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif perfected their look for 'Dhoom 3'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A peek into how Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif and Abhishek Bachchan perfected their looks and will be seen sporting unique outfits in Dhoom 3.
Think Dhoom franchise and you start imagining suave and slick outfits, out-of-the- box disguises and futuristic fabrics. For Dhoom 3, director Vijay Krishna Acharya roped in designers Anaita Adajania, Manoshi Nath and Runsha Sharma, hairstylist Avan Contractor along with several international make-up and body art artists to create the perfect looks for his characters – Sahir (Aamir Khan), Aaliya (Katrina Kaif), Jai Dixit (Abhishek Bachchan) and Ali (Uday Chopra) in the film.
Avan Contractor, who had earlier worked on Khan's look in Ghajini and 3 Idiots, was roped in to give the actor a unique hairstyle, which would match the character played by him. The duo discussed several ideas, before locking a few for look tests. Khan first tried the blonde with white streaks spiked hairstyle, which didn't go down too well with the actor. Then, they went for a close crop cut with an ombre red and blonde colour, which Khan really liked. But director Vijay Krishna Acharya wasn't too happy with the outcome, since the colour didn't add much his character and he wasn't too sure if he wanted Sahir to look ultra glam. Khan also tried a mohawk with a shade of gold, but that did not work either. Ultimately, the entire team came to a mutual consent and decided to keep Khan's natural hair colour. Contractor gave him a short crop with a few short strands swept towards the right.
Suave and colourful
The duo, Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra, are the only common thread in the cast of Dhoom franchise. Bachchan, who was seen sporting a beard in Dhoom 2, will be seen in a more suave and sophisticated avatar in this installment. The actor wears a lot of trench coats, biker jackets and blazers, which are designed in a muted colour palette and hairstylist Aalim Hakim has given a natural touch to his hair; so the look is a far cry from the scuffled, floral print, messy hair sporting Jai Dixit that we saw in the earlier film. On the other hand, Chopra will continue with his colourful avatar, complete with leather and denim jackets, multi – coloured bandanas, rainbow vests and more.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express