How much is spent on the security of public persons, SC asks Centre, states
- Lok Sabha elections: 11 parties come together to defeat Cong, counter Modi, say they are the 'first front'
- Lalu fights rebellion, 9 MLAs back to RJD fold, blames Nitish for hatching a conspiracy
- Shinde does a u-turn, says he meant to 'crush' social media, not electronic media
- Supreme Court rejects exemption plea, Subrata Roy to appear tomorrow
- AAP gears up for LS polls, party to add gas pricing issue in manifesto to target BJP, Cong
The Supreme Court has asked the Union and state governments to give details of
the money spent on security of public persons except those who are constitutional functionaries.
The apex court has also sought details of security provided to people against whom criminal charges are pending.
The Indian Express has reported extensively on what is unfolding as corrupt practices in the procurement of 12 VVIP choppers from Italy to ferry VVIPs across country.
- At 23, the Indian creator of the smart ring is the youngest to address Mobile World Congress
- Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) joins hand with BJP
- Kejriwal letter questions Rahul on gas pricing, Ambani links
- Man immolates self in front of Assam secretariat
- Ex-Armyman, ISI spy for 2 years, held
- NIA nabs 2 from UP for blasts at Modi’s rally