How state prepared to maintain law and order
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Western, under whose jurisdiction Matoshree falls, and Central, which has Sena Bhavan, were identified as most sensitive regions. While the Thackeray family grappled with the crisis, police worked discreetly to get the response mechanism in place.
"The commissioner's orders are clear. We must be seen as a force in command, not as a reactive force. There was massive deployment based on this specific brief. Visibility was increased overnight and corrections made," said a senior officer.
Minutes before Thackeray death was announced on Saturday afternoon, senior police hierarchy was informed and within minutes implementation of the deployment plan began.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state