How state prepared to maintain law and order
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR set stiff target for KXIP
Western, under whose jurisdiction Matoshree falls, and Central, which has Sena Bhavan, were identified as most sensitive regions. While the Thackeray family grappled with the crisis, police worked discreetly to get the response mechanism in place.
"The commissioner's orders are clear. We must be seen as a force in command, not as a reactive force. There was massive deployment based on this specific brief. Visibility was increased overnight and corrections made," said a senior officer.
Minutes before Thackeray death was announced on Saturday afternoon, senior police hierarchy was informed and within minutes implementation of the deployment plan began.