How the way you hold your bag can tell a lot about you
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi to file nomination papers from Amethi today
A body language expert has given an insight into a woman''s life and personality by the way she holds her handbag.
In an infographic created by Refinery29, Patti Wood describes the difference between the Schlepper, the Arm-Crook Hook and the Baguette, among others, the Daily Mail reported.
If you embrace the Schlepper style, for example, you might have several bags, carried in a "wherever fits" manner.
Wood said that it means you're fatigued, exhausted, and in a rush.
The bags suggest you're a little spaced-out and having a hard time being present, she said.
The A-list-loved Arm-Hook Crook, by contrast, screams empowerment. And it certainly doesn't hurt if you have a designer number to demonstrate it.
She said that you wear the bag as if it's a badge of honor or an award.
You feel as if you've got a sense of superiority, she said.
Some are specific to a style of bag. The Twofer - when a woman holds her clutch with both hands across her front - indicates shyness, or defensiveness. Not ideal if you happen to be out at a party.
Instead, consider the Baguette - when a bag is held under one arm like a clutch, regardless or whether there is a strap or not.
Wood calls it a "utilitarian look, and you don't really care about the bag, but rather what's in it. You're goal-oriented."
The body language expert's research also sheds light on poses such as the Thumb-to-Pit, the Third Arm Drape and the Armpit Vice.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit