How to be good
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The problem is in mandating a specific percentage to be spent on an approved set of projects, whether skill development, education, financial inclusion, or something else. Ethical business is more than philanthropy. It is about how it treats workers, serves consumers, plays by the rules of a competitive marketplace, and how accountable it is. Externalising that sense of social responsibility may not be the best way forward.