HP: 70 officers among two ACs, 25 SDMs transferred
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- BJP against withdrawl of sedition charges against Kashmiri students
In perhaps the biggest-ever reshuffle ordered in the bureaucracy and state administration, the government Monday transferred 70 officers including two Additional Chief Secretaries and more than two dozen Sub-Divisional Magistrates and several IAS and Himachal Administrative Services Officers.
Arun Sharma, a former principal private secretary to Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, has been posted out of Shimla as director Revenue Training Institute Jogindernagar while R S Gupta, who
succeeded Sharma in Chief Minister's office is posted as Director departmental inquiries. Additional chief secretary P Mitra, IAS (holding charge of revenue) has now been given additional charge of Urban Development, TCP, Housing and Fisheries.
Ajay Mlttal, who was Principal Secretary to Chief Minister during the BJP regime has now been transferred to Labour and Employment instead of Transport.