HP: 70 officers among two ACs, 25 SDMs transferred
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
In perhaps the biggest-ever reshuffle ordered in the bureaucracy and state administration, the government Monday transferred 70 officers including two Additional Chief Secretaries and more than two dozen Sub-Divisional Magistrates and several IAS and Himachal Administrative Services Officers.
Arun Sharma, a former principal private secretary to Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, has been posted out of Shimla as director Revenue Training Institute Jogindernagar while R S Gupta, who
succeeded Sharma in Chief Minister's office is posted as Director departmental inquiries. Additional chief secretary P Mitra, IAS (holding charge of revenue) has now been given additional charge of Urban Development, TCP, Housing and Fisheries.
Ajay Mlttal, who was Principal Secretary to Chief Minister during the BJP regime has now been transferred to Labour and Employment instead of Transport.