HP HC asks lower courts to wind-up pending rape cases by March
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Tuesday directed lower courts in the state to dispose of all rape cases, which are pending for more than a year before March 31 and send compliance reports.
The court issue the directions to all sessions and additional Sessions judges, presiding officers of fast track courts and principal magistrates of juvenile justice boards (JJB) in the state.
On January 11, a communication in this regard was sent by registrar general of the high court to all the 12 sessions judges, seven additional sessions judges, 11 presiding officers of fast track courts and 11 JJB of the state .
According to information received from the high court, till January 3 this year, 330 cases of rape were pending before various courts in Himachal Pradesh.
These included a maximum of 60 cases in Mandi Sessions Division, followed by Kangra (59), Kinnaur (52), Shimla (39), Bilaspur (19), Hamirpur (10), Solan (37), Sirmaur (33), Kullu (10), Chamba (9) and a minimum of 8 in Una.