HRD ministry to provide 82,000 scholarships for higher education
- Subrata Roy faces 'ink attack' outside SC, seeks more time to refund Sahara investors' money
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
In an effort to recognise meritorious students belonging to low-income families, the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, will provide 82,000 scholarships to Class XII students for graduate/post-graduate studies. This will be decided on the student's performance in his Senior Secondary Examination or its equivalent, with a minimum aggregate of 80 per cent.
The scholarship titled "Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students" will provide students with financial assistance to meet their daily expenses while pursuing higher education.
It will be given to students in colleges and universities and also to those pursuing professional courses like medical, engineering among others.
The total number of scholarships will be divided among the state boards based on the population of the state, in the age group of 18-25 years, after segregating the share of the Central Board of Secondary Education and the Indian Certificate of Secondary Examination on the basis of number of students passing out from various boards in the country.
The detailed guidelines regarding the scheme can be viewed from the website www.cbse.nic.in. The last date for submitting of applications is November 5, 2008 for the CBSE candidates.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore