hree French children die after throats slit, mother held
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Three French children today died after their throats were slit at their home near Paris, police said, adding that their mother was later arrested in the capital.
The doctor father of the children aged nine, 11 and 17 raised the alarm after returning home in the morning from work, police and judicial sources said. "The children had their throats slit but we are still awaiting forensic reports," a judicial source said. The bodies of the nine-year-old girl and her 11-year-old brother showed multiple stab injuries.
The elder brother was found alive but later died of his injuries. The killings took place in the suburban town of Dampmart, 30km east of Paris. The father was found in a state of shock and neighbours said he rushed out of his home screaming when he discovered the bodies.
A neighbour expressed shock saying the family did not appear dysfunctional.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness