Hrithik Roshan best choice for remake of 'Magadheera': Rajamouli
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Renowned Telugu film director S S Rajamouli, whose one of the superhit films 'Magadheera' is set to be remade in Hindi, says actor Hrithik Roshan would be the "best choice" to play the lead role in the Hindi version.
'Magadheera' is a 2009 Telugu historical drama directed by Rajamouli. The film starring Ram Charan Teja and Kajal Aggarwal in the lead roles, was a huge hit down south.
The film is now set to be remade in Hindi by filmmaker-producer Anurag Kashyap, who has bought the film's rights. The story is supposed to be produced by Phantom (a company helmed by Kashyap, Vikas Bahl, Madhu Mantena and Vikramaditya Motwane).
It was earlier reported that Ranveer Singh might do the film.
When asked, who, according to him would be fit to play the lead role, Rajamouli said, "It is a massy film and I think anyone can suit as a hero. But I think Hrithik Roshan is the best choice."
There was a buzz that the makers were to rope in director Abhinay Deo of 'Delhi Belly' fame, but nothing has been finalised as yet.
Rajamouli also sounded reluctant to re-direct the Hindi remake. "I have almost spent two years making 'Magadheera' and now I can't spend another two years to make it again in Hindi."
However, the Telugu film director expressed a desire to direct a Bollywood film.
"I am eagerly looking forward to do it (a Bollywood film). But I have commitments down south. If anything interesting comes up, then why not.
"I will soon direct a Hindi film," he said without divulging any further details.
Meanwhile, Rajamouli is looking forward to the release of the Hindi version -- 'Makkhi' of his own Telugu blockbuster film 'Eega'. The fictional film was released in Telugu on July 6, while the Hindi part will release on October 12.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in large¬†numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, says¬†Rahul
- ‚ÄėModi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitude‚Ä¶ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for this¬†country‚Äô
- ‚ÄėNarmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canals‚Äô | The Indian Express