Hrithik Roshan crowned sexiest Asian man
- Filmmakers join protest against 'intolerance'; Dibakar Banerjee, nine others return national awards
- L-G Najeeb Jung pressuring Satyendar Jain to grant parole to O P Chautala: Kejriwal
- Bihar election: 53.32 per cent polling in third phase, women outnumber men
- APJ Abdul Kalam's bungalow allotted to Mahesh Sharma, AAP protests govt's move
- Kerala House row: Hindu Sena chief Vishnu Gupta, who complained of beef, arrested
For the second year in a row, Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan has emerged as the "sexiest Asian man in the world" in an online survey conducted by a London-based weekly.
The 38-year-old actor pipped the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and Ranbir Kapoor to clinch the top spot.
"The star of 2012 hit 'Agneepath' beat off tough competition from around the world and won by an even bigger margin than last year as he received votes from all over the world from continents that included Asia, Europe, Africa and South America from fans of all ages and different cultures," the Eastern Eye Newspaper said in a release.
Even though he was the hot favourite and led right from the beginning, the win came as a major surprise to Indian cinema's hottest pin up.
"I am extremely humbled at the decision of the public, also a little embarrassed as I just can't imagine myself as sexy! I'm actually someone who's just trying to get by with his battered, bruised and broken tools. So a big thank you to all for this dose of encouragement! Thank you Eastern Eye readers for this very sweet recognition," said Hrithik.
He beat Pakistani singer-turned-actor Ali Zafar who was the surprise runner up. 'Dabangg' hero Salman Khan finished third and last year's runner up Shahid Kapoor came fourth.
Bollywood newcomer Sidharth Malhotra was the highest new entry at fifth place and narrowly beat off popular TV star Kushal Tandon who was sixth.
Shah Rukh joined the list at seventh place and was followed by John Abraham at eight and Ranbir at nine.
Eastern Eye showbiz editor Asjad Nazir, who puts together the very popular list and is chairman of the judging panel, said despite having the best physique, those voting for Hrithik were impressed by a lot of his other qualities.
- Instead of another revision, MPs should go for voluntary salary cuts
- India shouldn’t abandon its nuclear doctrine because of Pakistan’s tactical nukes
- Systematic and selective land titling, and charging owners extra, is an idea worth pushing
- UN missions bedrock of India’s military engagement and assistance to Africa
- Why can’t we have more civilised and intelligent discussions on TV
- Draw uniform civil code from different personal laws, give primacy to gender equity