Hrithik-Sussanne, Kalki-Anurag split: Bollywood couples now talking about it in open
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
Since he sent the emotional missive to the press, everybody is only talking about the Hrithik- Sussanne Roshan split. Those who track Bollywood were well aware that the couple was living a separate life for a while and the gossip of their marital discord was incessant. Throughout his publicity blitzkrieg for 'Krrish 3', Hrithik Roshan was conscious not to make any statements about Sussanne, preferring to only speak about his children.
That he finally decided to acknowledge the split came as a surprise. Bollywood is known for its 'ghar ki baat ghar mein' code of conduct. Look at the track record. You will find very few instances of superstars publicly acknowledging moments of personal crisis — especially if they are to do with rumoured affairs, marriage and relationships.
But this is changing. Just a few weeks ago, Anurag Kashyap and Kalki Koechlin issued a joint statement that they are taking time off from each other to figure things out. 'The Black Friday' director and his actor wife made it clear that "We are not divorcing. We request the media to please respect our privacy and give us our space and not speculate."
This is a reflection of the coming of age of modern love in our society. With the reach of social media, nothing and nobody is a mystery anymore. The larger than life phenomenon that was integral to our cinema culture is also going down — now we tell our stories about people just like us.
Film icons sell products by claiming, "I'm just like you". Your favourite superstar tweets to you and you can save his reply on your cellphone. The only unique thing about all of us is that we are all so similar. Contemporary relationships and marriages do breakdown. Everybody hurts. You. I. Even Hrithik Roshan.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held