HRTC night fares costlier by Rs 20
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal targets BJP over attack on Bharti; Ilmi defends her 'communal Muslim' remark again
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Voting underway for 117 Lok Sabha seats; Mulayam, Anil Ambani among early voters
Less than a fortnight after transport minister G S Bali ruled out a hike in bus fares, the Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) has decided to make night travelling costlier by Rs 20.
HRTC Managing Director Onkar Sharma said, "Passengers travelling by buses between 8 pm and 6 am will be charged an additional fee of Rs 20 as night service charge. But, the hike will not be applicable on passengers travelling for 50 kms or less".
Transport officials said the money would be spent on extra-allowance provided to the drivers and conductors, whose arrears run into crores. Losses of the HRTC have run into nearly Rs 700 crore.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players