HRTC night fares costlier by Rs 20
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Less than a fortnight after transport minister G S Bali ruled out a hike in bus fares, the Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) has decided to make night travelling costlier by Rs 20.
HRTC Managing Director Onkar Sharma said, "Passengers travelling by buses between 8 pm and 6 am will be charged an additional fee of Rs 20 as night service charge. But, the hike will not be applicable on passengers travelling for 50 kms or less".
Transport officials said the money would be spent on extra-allowance provided to the drivers and conductors, whose arrears run into crores. Losses of the HRTC have run into nearly Rs 700 crore.