HRTC night fares costlier by Rs 20
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Less than a fortnight after transport minister G S Bali ruled out a hike in bus fares, the Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) has decided to make night travelling costlier by Rs 20.
HRTC Managing Director Onkar Sharma said, "Passengers travelling by buses between 8 pm and 6 am will be charged an additional fee of Rs 20 as night service charge. But, the hike will not be applicable on passengers travelling for 50 kms or less".
Transport officials said the money would be spent on extra-allowance provided to the drivers and conductors, whose arrears run into crores. Losses of the HRTC have run into nearly Rs 700 crore.