HSRP to be out by Feb-end
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
The Registration and Licensing Authority (RLA) is all set to finally implement the High Security Registration Number Plates (HSRP) by the end of this month.
Officials said that all the modalities have already been completed and within a few days it will be launched.
In fact, the matter pertaining to relaunching the HSRP has been hanging fire for over two months since the MoU between the vendor, which was finalised for the purpose, and the UT Administration was signed last December.
In fact, in 2011, Chandigarh was the first city in the country which had implemented HSRP. However, it was stalled following the Apex Court's intervention. It was restarted six months ago. Officials say that the designated spaces have been marked for the vendors in each of the offices of SDM (east), SDM (south) and the RLA office in Sector 17.