HSRP to be out by Feb-end
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
The Registration and Licensing Authority (RLA) is all set to finally implement the High Security Registration Number Plates (HSRP) by the end of this month.
Officials said that all the modalities have already been completed and within a few days it will be launched.
In fact, the matter pertaining to relaunching the HSRP has been hanging fire for over two months since the MoU between the vendor, which was finalised for the purpose, and the UT Administration was signed last December.
In fact, in 2011, Chandigarh was the first city in the country which had implemented HSRP. However, it was stalled following the Apex Court's intervention. It was restarted six months ago. Officials say that the designated spaces have been marked for the vendors in each of the offices of SDM (east), SDM (south) and the RLA office in Sector 17.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.