HTC launches Butterfly, a phone with full HD display, for Rs 45,990
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
HTC launched Butterfly, a 5-inch smartphone with full HD 1080-pixel display and a resolution of 440 pixels per inch. The Butterfly has the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor, HTC Sense 4+ and Android Jelly Bean (4.1).
The phone weighs just 140 grams and feels well-built. It has 2GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, 25GB of free Dropbox cloud storage and a microSD card slot. The phone has a micro SIM slot.
Another feature HTC is proud of is the phone's camera. It is an 8-megapixel f/2.0 28mm wide-angle lens, with five-level automatic flash, backside illuminated sensor (BSI), and autofocus. HTC's VideoPic technology allows you to capture photos while shooting video. You can also shoot up to 99 images in the continuous shooting mode, at four frames per second. There is a 2.1-megapixel wide-angle (88-degree) front camera that helps shoot self-portraits with more people.
The phone comes with Beats Audio technology, that "delivers crystal clear sound with less distortion, even at maximum volume".
The battery is rated at 2,020 mAh, which is a bit less when the phone's powerful hardware is taken into consideration.
Connectivity options include HDMI out, microUSB, Infrared, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and NFC.
HTC Butterfly will be available for Rs 45,990 (best buy price) and the MRP is Rs 49,900.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held