HTC says it 'reinvents smartphone' with new Android-powered handset
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to file nomination from Varanasi tomorrow; Cong slams Modi for levelling 'cheap' allegations against Gandhi family
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Taiwan-based mobile maker HTC has announced its latest flagship Android phone -the HTC One.
Mike Woodward, President of HTC America said that they think 'it''s time to shake things up in the smartphone space.'
The firm has decided to come out and reinvent the smartphone, he added.
According to Woodward, the One is a complete shift for the industry, built around how people use their phones now, ABC News reports.
The report said that HTC''s Android phones have always been known for their top-of-the-line hardware parts and the One is no different.
The phone is made entirely of aluminum, no small feat, according to Woodward, who said it took two years to make a good all-metal phone.
It also has a large 4.7-inch, 1080p screen, which is flanked vertically by two speaker strips. (HTC calls it Boomsound.)
The phone is fast too, due to its quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor and 2GB of RAM.
According to the report, where the One stands out from other Android phones on specs is with its camera.
HTC has ditched megapixels for an ultrapixel camera, which would allow users to take much better low-light shots without having to use flash, Woodward said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready