HTC says it 'reinvents smartphone' with new Android-powered handset
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Taiwan-based mobile maker HTC has announced its latest flagship Android phone -the HTC One.
Mike Woodward, President of HTC America said that they think 'it''s time to shake things up in the smartphone space.'
The firm has decided to come out and reinvent the smartphone, he added.
According to Woodward, the One is a complete shift for the industry, built around how people use their phones now, ABC News reports.
The report said that HTC''s Android phones have always been known for their top-of-the-line hardware parts and the One is no different.
The phone is made entirely of aluminum, no small feat, according to Woodward, who said it took two years to make a good all-metal phone.
It also has a large 4.7-inch, 1080p screen, which is flanked vertically by two speaker strips. (HTC calls it Boomsound.)
The phone is fast too, due to its quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor and 2GB of RAM.
According to the report, where the One stands out from other Android phones on specs is with its camera.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress