HUDA to develop Pinjore-Kalka Urban Complex
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
Haryana Urban Development Authority has ambitious plans for the development of the Pinjore-Kalka Urban Complex.
The project, which is spread over 12,000 acres approximately, includes residential, commercial and industrial areas. Of this, about 34 per cent of the total area is dedicated to residential sectors, from Sectors 1 to 31, an additional Sector 31-A, and Sector 32. These sectors have been proposed in the area lying on both sides of National Highway (NH)-22 between Pinjore and Kalka.
Where land has been acquired for the project, compensation has been given to the land-owners. Now, claims have been invited from land-owners who are eligible for allotment of plots as per their entitlement, and these will be examined. Initial work on the project has been initiated, and the major part of the development is likely to be phased out over the next 15 years.
The existing settlements like Amravati Enclave and HMT Colony have been incorporated within the scheme of sectors. For instance, Amravati Enclave has been included as Sector 2, and HMT Colony as Sector 29. The popular Yadvindra Gardens, also known as Pinjore Gardens, are encircled by sectors envisaged as part of the development plan. Administrator HUDA Surjeet Singh said parts of this land, which are suitable for habitation, have been acquired by HUDA. The hilly areas where colonies cannot be established as per the Punjab Land Preservation Act have been left out of the planning for the urban complex.
Two industrial areas have been proposed in the complex. Industrial Area Phase I has been planned adjacent to HMT Colony. Here, a section will be dedicated to Information Technology (IT) industries.
Phase II of the Industrial Area has been proposed along the Pinjore-Nalagarh road. This runs opposite the Civil Aviation Club of Haryana government.
The commercial area has been proposed along the 60-metre wide road linking Nalagarh with Kalka town. The area between Kaushalya river and NH-22 near Surajpur is proposed to be developed as Commercial Sector 1 to Sector 6. Sector 22 has been proposed as the City Centre, and Sector 31-A as the District Centre.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?