Hugh Jackman is thankful to Russell Crowe
- 3.5 lakh well-off people have given up subsidised LPGs: PM Narendra Modi
- Meghalaya CM compares Rahul Gandhi to Alfred the Great, king who returned to conquer
- Naxals kill 7 of elite force in Sukma
- Across the Aisle: Land acquisition - Nine steps to nirvana
- India's Sons: What does it mean to be a man in India?
Hollywood superstar Hugh Jackman is grateful to "Les Miserables" co-star Russell Crowe for his biggest roles because he turned them down.
The two Australia-based movie stars have become good friends over the years and so playing rivals in the new movie musical was tough at times because Jackman said he owes his friend so much, reported Daily Star.
"We were good friends before. We knew each other a lot. And Russell has given me advice several times at key moments in my life that helped with my career. I also owe him because two of the biggest roles I've ever had in my life, he turned down - and suggested me for them.
"On 'X-Men', he was Bryan Singer's first choice for Wolverine, and he mentioned me also for 'Australia'. He really is incredibly smart, and generous. It was a joy to work with him."