Hugh Jackman is thankful to Russell Crowe
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Hollywood superstar Hugh Jackman is grateful to "Les Miserables" co-star Russell Crowe for his biggest roles because he turned them down.
The two Australia-based movie stars have become good friends over the years and so playing rivals in the new movie musical was tough at times because Jackman said he owes his friend so much, reported Daily Star.
"We were good friends before. We knew each other a lot. And Russell has given me advice several times at key moments in my life that helped with my career. I also owe him because two of the biggest roles I've ever had in my life, he turned down - and suggested me for them.
"On 'X-Men', he was Bryan Singer's first choice for Wolverine, and he mentioned me also for 'Australia'. He really is incredibly smart, and generous. It was a joy to work with him."