Hugh Jackman is thankful to Russell Crowe
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
Hollywood superstar Hugh Jackman is grateful to "Les Miserables" co-star Russell Crowe for his biggest roles because he turned them down.
The two Australia-based movie stars have become good friends over the years and so playing rivals in the new movie musical was tough at times because Jackman said he owes his friend so much, reported Daily Star.
"We were good friends before. We knew each other a lot. And Russell has given me advice several times at key moments in my life that helped with my career. I also owe him because two of the biggest roles I've ever had in my life, he turned down - and suggested me for them.
"On 'X-Men', he was Bryan Singer's first choice for Wolverine, and he mentioned me also for 'Australia'. He really is incredibly smart, and generous. It was a joy to work with him."