Huma Qureshi opposite Ajit in Billa 2
- Foreign Secretary Jaishankar visits China ahead of NSG plenary in Seoul
- Set of six logbooks Khan left with lawyer could hold key to Essar Tapes
- Was open (to second term), consulted govt... will return to academia: Rajan
- Tavleen Singh writes: Attitude of political Hindutva elements within BJP must change if it wants to win UP polls
- Across the aisle: Fake encounter with facts, fake controversy
Things are gearing up for the making of Billa 2 once again with 'Ultimate Star' Ajit Kumar in the lead. The lead actress has been finalised. Huma Qureshi has been signed to play the heroine in the film, which will start rolling next month.
Huma Qureshi is a Mumbai-based theatre actor who hails from Delhi and was noticed for her TV commercials with Aamir Khan (Samsung Guru Mobile) and Shah Rukh Khan (Nerolac Paints). She has also done campaigns for other leading brands like Idea, Pears Soap, Maderma, Bajaj Discover Motorbike, Parle Monaco and LG Washing Machine. Huma has also worked with several theatre directors like Aamir Raza Husain, Sohaila Kapur, Rahul Pulkeshi and N K Sharma of Act One Group. She has been awarded the most promising theatre talent by Indian Habitat Centre. She will also debut in Hindi films with Anurag Kashyap's Gangs Of Wasseypur.
Huma says, "I feel fortunate to debut in the Tamil film industry. I was bowled over by the role narrated to me for Billa 2 and cannot wait to start work on the film."
Chakri Toleti, the director of the movie, says, "The part of our leading girl is a highly demanding role and it was a challenge to find an actress with the right mix of talent, looks and attitude. We searched the industry nationwide, looking at newcomers as well as established stars. In Huma, we found an actor with tremendous range and charisma and we are happy to have her on board."
Billa 2 will have Yuvan Shankar Raja as the music director, Hemant Chaturvedi (who has earlier worked on Company, Maqbool and Kurbaan) as the Director of Photography. The rest of the crew and cast will be announced soon.
Billa 2 is not a sequel but is being designed as a prequel to Billa and will focus on the journey of how David (Ajit Kumar) became Billa.
- The difference this time was the transformation of India from a friend to an ally
- NDA’s agricultural policies are ill-equipped to achieve the stated goal of doubling them in five years
- His acute sense of the world he lived in put him among the ‘rarest of the rare’
- ‘Udta Punjab’ in the theatres is a victory for those whose job it is to create, provoke
- In the assassination of British MP Jo Cox and other killings, a lethal combination: Mental illness and political extremism
- No party aspires to radically transform UP. Each wants power for its own sake