Humans are plague on Earth, says Sir David Attenborough
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
Television presenter Sir David Attenborough has claimed that humans are a plague on the Earth that need to be controlled by limiting population growth.
He said humans are threatening their own existence and that of other species by using up the world's resources.
He suggested that the only way to save the planet from famine and species extinction is to limit human population growth, the Telegraph reported.
Sir David, who is a patron of the Optimum Population Trust, has spoken out before about the "frightening explosion in human numbers" and the need for investment in sex education and other voluntary means of limiting population in developing countries.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore