Humans are plague on Earth, says Sir David Attenborough
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
Television presenter Sir David Attenborough has claimed that humans are a plague on the Earth that need to be controlled by limiting population growth.
He said humans are threatening their own existence and that of other species by using up the world's resources.
He suggested that the only way to save the planet from famine and species extinction is to limit human population growth, the Telegraph reported.
Sir David, who is a patron of the Optimum Population Trust, has spoken out before about the "frightening explosion in human numbers" and the need for investment in sex education and other voluntary means of limiting population in developing countries.