Hundreds of candles light up War Memorial
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Six election officials killed in Naxal attack; FIR filed against Azam Khan
With the glimmer of hundreds of candles at the Chandigarh War Memorial, the city residents paid homage to the martyrs. Enthusiastic students along with the other residents of the tricity remembered those who had sacrificed their lives.
Raju Shinde, a crafts man in EME from Chandi Mandir said, "I have come to pay tribute to those who have served our country. My parents were also in the Army so I know what they have sacrificed."
Subedaar Sawinder Singh said, "I have come here to remember the martyrs. After watching their sacrifice I feel very proud. The memorial truly symbolises the sacrifices made."
Harmanjot, a student of Class XI said, "We have gathered here to pay tribute to the martyrs. If these armymen were not there for us, then we would not have been able to live freely. I am proud to be part of that country which has many such brave people who have sacrifised their lives for us. I am feeling proud to be a part of this ceremony."
Harshdeep, a student of Class VIII said,"I have came here along with my school to pay tribute to all those soldiers who fought for our country. I am proud to be a citizen of free India."
Ritin Srivastava a resident of Panchkula said that, "I have come here for the first time. I wanted to pay tribute to those who sacrifised their lives for us. It feels good to be here and to see that people still remember them. People are coming despite their busy schedule. We should not forget them because we could walk freely just because of them. Also we remember those who died recently and were beheaded by Pakistani troops at LoC."
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit