Hunt for new director on for Sunny Deol's Ghayal Returns
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Bollywood actor Sunny Deol's upcoming action film Ghayal Returns will soon have a new director.
Sunny's plans to redefine action with the sequel to the Rajkumar Santoshi-directed 1990 blockbuster, may have to wait for some time with the hunt for director is on.
Initially, director Ashwini Chaudhary of Jodi Breakers fame was supposed to wield the megaphone for the project but was apparently replaced by Rahul Rawail of Arjun. However, Rahul too is not helming the project in what the makers termed as a decision taken on the "mutual understanding".
"The film is not shelved. The makers are looking for a new director. In a month or two, we will make the nouncement," sources close to the development told PTI.
It is not known whether the director will be a debutante or a known face from the industry.
Rahul had worked with Sunny for films like Betaab, Arjun, Arjun Pandit and even written the script for the sequel. "He (Rahul) is not directing the film and this decision is taken by mutual understanding," the source said.
There is a buzz that Santoshi may be the part of the sequel, however, the sources denied this.
If all goes well, the film is likely to go on floors at the end of this year.