Hunt on for fake travel agents
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Bangur Nagar police have launched a hunt for two men who allegedly cheated more than 300 people of more than Rs 1 crore. Police said Karan Vyas and Virendra Singh opened a firm, Move Holidays, at Mindspace Commercial Centre in Malad (west) last year.
Umarjeetsingh Chadda approached the company in October this year after seeing a newspaper advertisement as he wished to visit Bangkok. Vyas and Singh took Rs 61,110 and promised to call him back with details of his travel package. However, they did not call and their cellphones were unreachable when Chadda tried to contact them. On November 1, he visited the office again and found it closed. He then approached police.