Hunt on for fake travel agents
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
Bangur Nagar police have launched a hunt for two men who allegedly cheated more than 300 people of more than Rs 1 crore. Police said Karan Vyas and Virendra Singh opened a firm, Move Holidays, at Mindspace Commercial Centre in Malad (west) last year.
Umarjeetsingh Chadda approached the company in October this year after seeing a newspaper advertisement as he wished to visit Bangkok. Vyas and Singh took Rs 61,110 and promised to call him back with details of his travel package. However, they did not call and their cellphones were unreachable when Chadda tried to contact them. On November 1, he visited the office again and found it closed. He then approached police.