Husband, in-laws held for murdering woman, child
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
A man, his mother and sister were arrested by the police in Lake area on Saturday in a twin murder case.
The incident took place at 52 Gobindapur Road. Ganesh Das (30), his mother and sister had been accused of murdering Ganesh's wife, Ganga Das. "Ganga's father Srinath Sardar had lodged a complaint that his daughter had been murdered by the trio. He had also accused the three of murdering Ganga's child on Wednesday last," said P S Mukhopadhyay, OC, Lake PS. He said Ganga's in-laws said she died after falling off the stairs. When she was taken to a hospital, she was declared brought dead.