Husband, in-laws held for murdering woman, child
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
A man, his mother and sister were arrested by the police in Lake area on Saturday in a twin murder case.
The incident took place at 52 Gobindapur Road. Ganesh Das (30), his mother and sister had been accused of murdering Ganesh's wife, Ganga Das. "Ganga's father Srinath Sardar had lodged a complaint that his daughter had been murdered by the trio. He had also accused the three of murdering Ganga's child on Wednesday last," said P S Mukhopadhyay, OC, Lake PS. He said Ganga's in-laws said she died after falling off the stairs. When she was taken to a hospital, she was declared brought dead.
"A case was started after Sardar's complaint and Ganga's body has been sent for postmortem," Mukhopadhyay said. Although it was alleged that Ganga was murdered because she gave birth to a girl child, Mukhopadhyay said there was no mention of any such thing in the complaint.