Husband, in-laws held for murdering woman, child
A man, his mother and sister were arrested by the police in Lake area on Saturday in a twin murder case.
The incident took place at 52 Gobindapur Road. Ganesh Das (30), his mother and sister had been accused of murdering Ganesh's wife, Ganga Das. "Ganga's father Srinath Sardar had lodged a complaint that his daughter had been murdered by the trio. He had also accused the three of murdering Ganga's child on Wednesday last," said P S Mukhopadhyay, OC, Lake PS. He said Ganga's in-laws said she died after falling off the stairs. When she was taken to a hospital, she was declared brought dead.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia