Husband, in-laws held for murdering woman, child
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A man, his mother and sister were arrested by the police in Lake area on Saturday in a twin murder case.
The incident took place at 52 Gobindapur Road. Ganesh Das (30), his mother and sister had been accused of murdering Ganesh's wife, Ganga Das. "Ganga's father Srinath Sardar had lodged a complaint that his daughter had been murdered by the trio. He had also accused the three of murdering Ganga's child on Wednesday last," said P S Mukhopadhyay, OC, Lake PS. He said Ganga's in-laws said she died after falling off the stairs. When she was taken to a hospital, she was declared brought dead.
"A case was started after Sardar's complaint and Ganga's body has been sent for postmortem," Mukhopadhyay said. Although it was alleged that Ganga was murdered because she gave birth to a girl child, Mukhopadhyay said there was no mention of any such thing in the complaint.