Hutchings crowned Subroto Cup champs
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
Hutchings High School claimed the Subroto Cup under-17 district football tournament by beating JN Petit Technical High School 3-2 in a tightly contested match at the Range Hills ground.
The match got off to a frenzied start with Ninad Gajar giving JN Petit the lead in the second minute. Ayush Singh stepped up to the plate for Hutchings as he slammed in the equalizer a couple of minutes later.
Both teams then proceeded to play attacking football, however, none of the strikers were sharp enough to convert the numerous chances that came their way. Chirag Shahaney finally gave Hutchings the lead in the 34th minute.
Gaurav Swaminathan restored parity for JN Petit by converting a tough chance in the 50th minute. Shahaney had the last say as the energetic striker kicked off the celebrations in the Hutchings High School camp, as he hammered in his second goal which ultimately proved to be the decider in the 58th minute. Hutchings School, with this victory achieved qualification to the zonal leg of the Subroto Cup under-17 football tournament.