Hyderabad twin blasts: First probe report points at aluminium, nitrate; why Dilsukhnagar, NIA to find out
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
The initial analysis for the twin blasts in Hyderabad that killed 16 and injured 119 has been completed.
The report reveals that aluminium containers were used to keep the explosives and nitrate might have been the base element of the powerful bombs. The power source to detonate the bombs were between 3V and 9V.
The National Investigation Agency has been tasked to find out why Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad was made a target, sources have said.
NIA officers are interrogating those caught for the Pune blasts last year and who are claimed to have recced Dilsukhnagar in July, 2012. Sayed Maqbool and Imran Khan, both from Nanded, are reported to have marked out Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and the Abid areas for a terror attack. They had apparently checked out the areas on the instructions of Indian Mujahideen (IM) co-founder Riyaz Bhatkal. Thos Bhatkal had ordered the recce, he had not specified the locations. These were chosen by the two.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was at the blast spots in the morning. He is expected to make a statement in Parliament today as demanded by the opposition.
The Home ministry will also take a call today whether to transfer the case to the NIA from the Hyderabad police. Shinde and Home Secretary R K Singh had a meeting with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Rao Reddy and the Director General of Police to work out the modalities of transferring the probe to the NIA. NIA teams from Delhi and Hyderabad are already on the trail of the attackers.
Meanwhile, BJP President Rajnath Singh will visit Hyderabad today to meet the injured and family members of those killed in the twin blasts in the city.
Singh, accompanied by BJP MP and spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain and party secretary Murlidhar Rao, is likely to visit the Dilsukhnagar area of Hyderabad where the two blasts took place yesterday evening.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'