Hyderabad blasts: Sushil Kumar Shinde says had information, doesn't spell out what it was
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
As speculation swirled that the bombings in Hyderabad could be linked to Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru's execution, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde made the curious claim that his ministry had been in possession of some "information" for the last two days, but did not specify whether the information pertained to a possible bomb attack.
Shinde said the "information" had been shared with all state governments on Thursday morning. He later said that states were often "alerted" about intelligence inputs and that these "alerts" were of various kinds.
But, again, the minister did not specify what the nature of "information" received in this particular case was.
The Home Ministry said it was still too early to describe the blasts as a terror attack or link them with the execution of Afzal, or with the arrest of a local politician, MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, for a hate speech that he gave recently. Owaisi was released on bail a few days ago.
"No one can be held responsible until we have proper information after investigation. We cannot come to any conclusion as of now," Shinde said.
"I have spoken to the chief minister (N Kiran Kumar Reddy) and he told me that the bombs were placed in two bicycles," Shinde told reporters. A third bomb, found strapped to another bicycle, was defused.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™