Hyderabad blasts: Toll goes up to 16
- LIVE: Domestic passenger flights to resume from Chennai airport tomorrow, says AAI
- Will stop odd-even scheme if people of Delhi face difficulty: Arvind Kejriwal
- Must stop Hindu fringe groups... like IS misusing Islam: Mehbooba Mufti
- Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives planning suicide attacks in Delhi: Police
- Espionage racket: 4th accused arrested in Rajouri
The death toll in the Hyderabad twin blasts today mounted to 16 with two more persons succumbing to their injuries in a hospital.
"Till now, out of 14 bodies, 12 have been handed over to their kin. Two more bodies are in the mortuary. One has to be identified. 14 bodies have directly been sent to Osmania Hospital. Two more are awaited from private hospitals," a senior doctor at the state-run Osmania General Hospital said.
The hospital has received 37 people with injuries while some of them have been admitted to corporate hospitals, he said.
As many as 119 people sustained injuries in the twin blasts last evening, police said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, who visited the site of the blast and also the injured in hospital, told reporters that the condition of six of them was critical.
Terror struck Hyderabad yesterday when two powerful near simultaneous blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area.