Hyderabad twin blasts: Pune blasts accused recced Dilsukhnagar in July 2012: police
- Rajya Sabha: Hooda ‘rebellion’ in Haryana ensures defeat for Cong-backed lawyer R K Anand
- BJP's national executive meeting begins in UP; PM Modi, Amit Shah to strategise
- Coming soon: Clause in real estate bill to check bias against religion, sexual orientation, diet
- Drama in Ranchi: Missing MLAs, a winning formula
- Punjab: Two Pakistani intruders killed by BSF, arms, drugs recovered
Hyderabad twin blasts: Two of the suspects arrested by the Delhi Police Special Cell in connection with the low-intensity blasts in Pune on August 1 last year, Sayed Maqbool and Imran Khan, both from Nanded district, had reportedly recced Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle some time in July 2012, apparently on the instructions of Indian Mujahideen (IM) co-founder Riyaz Bhatkal.
The Special Cell had earlier arrested four suspects — Asad Khan from Aurangabad, Imran Khan from Nanded, Sayed Feroz from Pune and Landge Irfan Mustafa from Ahmednagar — in connection with the Pune blasts. Their interrogation had led to the arrest of Sayed Maqbool, of Dharmabad in Nanded district.
"The interrogation of the accused had revealed that Sayed Maqbool and Imran Khan had done a recce of some areas in Hyderabad about 15 days before the Pune blasts. This was done on the instructions of Riyaz Bhatkal. Though Bhatkal had told them to do a recce, he had not given specific locations. The areas were chosen by the two. They went around the city on a bike," S N Srivastava, Special Commissioner, Delhi Police Special Cell, told The Indian Express.
In a press release issued on October 26, after Maqbool's arrest, the Delhi Police said that "Maqbool helped Imran in doing a recce of Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle."
Maharashtra ATS sources said: "Both Maqbool and Imran are from Nanded district, which is on the Maharashtra-Andhra Pradesh border. Imran visited Hyderabad regularly."
According to the Delhi Police, Maqbool met Imran through a common friend. Imran then introduced Maqbool to Asad and Irfan. Maqbool is alleged to have taught them how to make a bomb by using urea, diesel and firecracker powder at Asad's farmhouse in Aurangabad.
- It's good that Rajan has cleared some of the mist and myth surrounding the GDP numbers
- Only reason why majority of govt schools have abysmal standards is because of bad policies
- When Nehru became PM, Americans presumed that as a democracy India would be in their camp
- It's achche din for top lawyers in the Congress party
- Debate on Rajan’s reappointment is welcome as long as it is on performance
- In Assam, strategy of polarisation has brought electoral fruit to BJP