Hype surrounding Modi creation of media: Samajwadi Party
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's effect is confined to cities only due to the media, Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav said here on Sunday.
"Due to media, Modi's effect is limited to the cities and he has no existence in the villages," Yadav told reporters here.
People will realise this in the coming elections, he said.
"Instead of considering him (Modi) for the post of Prime Minister, he should be termed PM-in-waiting," the SP leader said sarcastically.
The hype surrounding the BJP leader was the creation of media, Yadav said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota