Afzal Guru should not be hanged: Prakash Ambedkar
- LIVE: Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken away for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh (BBM) leader Prakash Ambedkar today said Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru should not be sent to the gallows.
"Those demanding so are right wing political parties who want to consolidate their vote bank. There is no national interest in their mind," Ambedkar told PTI today.
BBM president, who is the grandson of Dr B R Ambedkar, said hanging Afzal Guru would unite Kashmiri Separatists.
"Majority of Kashmiris want to be part of the Indian union. With Afzal Guru's hanging, they will doubt whether they will be part of a secular India," Ambedkar said, demanding a status quo on Afzal Guru be maintained.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students