I almost lost my sanity: Kerry Washington
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
"Django Unchained" star Kerry Washington says she almost lost her sanity while filming the controversial Quentin Tarantino movie.
Washington said the gruelling eight month shoot nearly sent her over the edge, reported Radar Online.
"I felt like if it had gone on a week longer, I would have lost my mind," said the actress, who plays Jamie Foxx's wife in the movie.
The actress asked her manager and her parents to visit her at the sets so she feels at ease.
"I usually never let my people come visit me on set because I think it's terribly distracting. I don't enjoy it but I asked them to come down because I was concerned for my sanity," she added.
Washington said during the movie shoot, she received real lashings from the actor playing her overseer. She also had to spend time in a "hot box" to get used to scenes in which her character, the slave Broomhilda, was imprisoned in an underground metal container.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress