I almost lost my sanity: Kerry Washington
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
"Django Unchained" star Kerry Washington says she almost lost her sanity while filming the controversial Quentin Tarantino movie.
Washington said the gruelling eight month shoot nearly sent her over the edge, reported Radar Online.
"I felt like if it had gone on a week longer, I would have lost my mind," said the actress, who plays Jamie Foxx's wife in the movie.
The actress asked her manager and her parents to visit her at the sets so she feels at ease.
"I usually never let my people come visit me on set because I think it's terribly distracting. I don't enjoy it but I asked them to come down because I was concerned for my sanity," she added.
Washington said during the movie shoot, she received real lashings from the actor playing her overseer. She also had to spend time in a "hot box" to get used to scenes in which her character, the slave Broomhilda, was imprisoned in an underground metal container.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages